Risen Demon {2}

by fantasy captured

Glace woke up two days later, to an empty house. And it was a house she didn't remember going into. She hoisted herself with her elbow and scanned the area. It was pretty drowning in sunlight. She started to look around.

She had been sleeping most of the day for two days since that night. She occasionally woke up for a few minutes, but always fell back asleep.

A sudden throb hit her head. It pounded her skull like a hammer. Glace put a hand on her forehead.

“Are, you okay?” a voice frightened her. Glace screamed. Her scream was high-pitched, like a small child.

“ Oh, I’m sorry I scared you,” he said again. She turned. It was Unit. He had a glass in his hand, filled with Lipton tea. “Here, by the way.” Unit walked over to the couch and sat down next to her. He handed her the glass.

“Where…Am I?” Glace asked. She took a small sip. The tea seemed to sooth her dry, scratchy throat. “You’re at my house,” he said. She stared at him puzzled. “What?” she asked into the glass. Her question sounded muffled. Unit laughed. “You…Were…Attacked two nights ago. The thing that attacked you, it ran away, after it heard me come.”

“ What was it?”

“It… Was a Thing. They look like small baby humans that are translucent. They have excellent hearing.” Glace gulped down the last of her tea. “A Thing?” He nodded. “Never heard of it.” He shrugged. “Most humans don’t know about us. And the creatures around them.”

Glace stood. She felt unbalanced. Her brain started to hurt again. “Ugh!” she fell back onto the couch. Unit quickly stood. “Are you okay?”

She nodded. “Yeah, I…I just need to take a walk.” Unit nodded. Then hesitated.

“What now?”

“Well… I don’t know if it’s okay to let you go outside.”

“I’ve been cooped up, sleeping for two days!” Glace shouted. She stood. Unit put a firm hand on her shoulder. “Fine. But, don’t tell Heat. He said not to let you out because your injuries.” Glace looked down. There was a big band-aid wrapped around her two wrists. Her forearms hurt. They also were wrapped up.

“Come on, I don’t care.” She brushed pass Unit. Then almost tripped over a pile of papers. She turned and glared. Unit was stifling a laugh. Glace stuck out her tongue.

“Have you found her?” A man in flowing red robes sat at a throne. He ran his fingers through his thick black beard. A Thing, named Greylord nodded. “I did. I was about to bring her here. But then a Yet came.” The man hummed. “Herl?” Greylord asked. Herl closed his eyes.

In his mind, he saw a girl. She was a brunette. She had a single blue highlight in her hair. Her lavender eyes looked worried. She wore a light blue t-shirt, skinny jeans, a purple-black sweatshirt, and a pair of purple high-top Converses. There was a boy next to her. He had blue eyes and thick black hair. He was wearing a long-sleeved olive-green t-shirt, and deep blue jeans. The odd thing was he was walking barefoot.

“Why do you walk barefoot?” Glace asked. Unit had led them to a small pond near his house. It was beautiful. The pond had a deep dark blue colour. The grass around it was trimmed and neat. One side of the pond was edged with pink tulips. There was a red bench a few feet away from the right edge.

Unit shrugged. “Well, I don’t know really. I just like it better. I love to feel the ground under me. And the wet grass in the morning.” Glace smiled and laughed. “That’s a nice explanation.” Unit walked over to the bench and sat. Glace followed and plopped down next to him.

They were quiet.

“Bummm…Bum.Bummm..Tra…Tra…” It was Unit’s cell. He slid it out of his jeans front pocket and answered. “Hello?”

“Hello? Unit?” It was Heat.

“Yeah.”

“I have news!” Unit flicked a insect off his forearm.

“What?” Unit asked.

“…. Is Glace there?” Glace glanced at Unit when she heard her name. Unit answered yes. “It’s about her. So, can you put me on speaker?” He nodded and put Heat on speaker.

“Okay, this news could be bad. I’m not sure. But… Glace?”

“ Yeah?” Glace blurted.

“I just was told, you’re being hunted.”

Lily you are my fig father
— Elliebanana